Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sprrrring!

Three outside runs this week. Three! Granted two of them were actually quite freezing cold (the weatherman and I have a bone to pick) and the third was actually quite nice. It's always a good run when your danger of getting hit by a car is less than 10% (percentage not based on any real numbers... just sayin')

Today I ran my nemesis. Union St. hill. I haven't run the hill since last fall and man did I feel it. My calves are still screaming at me. But what I had set out to run, 3 miles-ish, turned out to be 4 :) When you're feeling good, don't be afraid to push yourself! There were a few times during "the hill" that I felt like a jalopy sputtering on it's last leg, however, I kept thinking that the top of the hill will be coming soon. It will not go on forever.

Funny though, once I got home, after an hour or so, I thought that I should celebrate my run with... oh I don't know... some ice cream? Good thing common sense prevailed. After all, bathing suit season is just around the corner.

2 comments:

  1. Just bought mine yesterday. Man, am I a whitey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wore a skirt today and happened to notice how obscenely white my legs were. Great times!

    ReplyDelete