Monday, March 21, 2011

Bubbles!

Whatever happens in your stomach to make bubbles... big bubbles, little bubbles, crazy sounding bubbles... is a wonderful process, except for when you want the bubbles... and there are none.
A week and a half ago I ended up in the ER for what has since turned out to be gallstones.
www.techtamed.com
Ok, so these may be hail stones, but regardless, anything that resembles a stone should not be in your body. I happen to be case and point. And so what is one to do when there are "foreign" objects within the body? Take 'em out! In this case though, since my body is apparently prone to producing these hideous things, it is best to take out the producer as well... the gallbladder.

How do you get gallstones? Well Jimmy, that's a good question. Gallstones (by the way, I do not recommend google imaging pictures of gallstones... gross) Women are more likely to get them then our male counterparts. They also become more prevalent with age. However, they can be generated from pregnancy, birth control pills, obesity, rapid weight loss, Chron's disease, and increased blood tryglicerides. Thing with these suckers is, you can have them for a long time, and not know! My guess... in the days of my youth and stupidity, I got them due to my proclivity for Ho-Hos and Ding Dongs.

www.truthwalker.wordpress.com

So as of next week, I will have gone through my own form of quick weight loss. Gallbladder, we've had a good run, but you must go. I bid you adieu.

2 comments:

  1. AH! We'll be praying for your operation! The real question is - do you get to keep your gallbladder??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) Um see at first I was like, oh man it would be pretty cool to keep a stone. So then I googled gallstones to see what my prized treasure may be and I was instantly frightened by their grotesque appearance. They can keep it!

    ReplyDelete