Saturday, April 2, 2011

Blast You Mother Nature

So I've been sick, with a cold, on top of my gallstones... and today I heard that the weather was supposed to be nice. I looked up on weather.com what the temperature outside may be on this sunny Saturday and I saw that it was a high of 50! The current temp said 48. I thought to myself, (and apparently I think like the cake boss on TLC) "it's go time baby!"

www.tvdramaqueen.ca

I laced up my Champion city sneakers, donned my derby cap (my favorite new addition to my wardrobe) and fake Aviators, and took off up "the Hill" (known as Union St.). It was a beautiful day and nothing was going to stop me. About half-way up the hill I began to notice there were some incredibly dark clouds up ahead. I thought to myself, weather.com didn't say anything about rain, so it'll probably pass by. Plus to turn back would mean that I didn't get my much needed exercise. And then... there was hail. Now, this situation isn't all that great if you are feeling well, but given my lack of full health, I couldn't really run to get out of it for fear of dislodging a stone, and I also couldn't run due to the lack of lung function that comes with a head cold.

So I walked, briskly, small hail falling on my head, then really wet snow flakes, and then a nice drizzle. It was as if Mother Nature was laughing in my face. I gave it the proverbial middle finger and walked on. See I knew something that maybe Mother Nature didn't. New England weather doesn't care much for it's Mum and changes it quite often. And so, once I reached my destination... Subway (Eat fresh.) the weather was once again sunny. Ha! Take that!

Tomorrow, I think I'll stick to the gym. Much safer there.


No comments:

Post a Comment